1. Supposedly, I take Thursdays off. It means I stay home and work from here. Maybe I should read a novel. I did take a 30-minute nap.
2. DD arrives next week. Will be good to have her home for a month, between her college semesters. She'll not recognize her bedroom after we redid it. She's got her list of foods she wants to eat, places to go.
3. So now the problem of America, say talking bigheads and all-wise mouth-spouts, is prayer. I suggest its problem is lack of prayer ... and obedience to the will of God. That all this comes now suggests a coordinated plan, as has been done in the past.
4. Speaking of obedience, I link to this study
on how to become a Christian every other day or so, somewhere. I wish I had some stats on how many visitors it gets. If someone will follow the biblical instructions, that will be glorious. But God knows, and that suffices.
5. Just discovered that few Bible versions translate
Romans 2.7 literally. NET Bible does: "good works." Most have "doing good." There's a difference, to my mind. The former is almost a technical term. And they're connected to eternal life. Wow!
6. A couplet: By prayer and faith God moves, the whole world quakes, / He mends the broken, the proud and mean he breaks.
7. "The group of those who believed were of one heart and mind, and no one said that any of his possessions was his own, but everything was held in common" Acts 4.32 NET.